We are pleased to announce a new update for the Cristie Virtual Appliance. The 3.2 release includes lots of new functionality and bug fixes which bring with it a wealth of benefits.
- Enhanced Testing – replication jobs can be setup to continually replicate data for DR testing, even when the target system is powered up.
- Enterprise Reporting – detailed reports can be generated from the VA for a greater level of auditing.
- Progress monitoring has been revamped and is now more reliable.
- The install directory can be specified for Windows installations.
- CloneManager support for partial hashing during syncs to improve change detection.
- Individual systems can be suspended within a job for Backup, Simulation and Replication.
- Boot management mini-ISOs can be generated by importing their configuration from a CSV file.
- Boot management boot mappings can be generated by importing their configuration from a CSV file.
- Existing replications can be included in an orchestration job by creating a new “Reboot Task” and importing them.
- Multiple users can be configured to receive notification emails by inputting their comma-separated email addresses into notification fields.
- General performance enhancements of the VA.
- Fixed an issue with generating log bundles.
- Fixed an issue where CBMR includes/excludes were sometimes not being passed through correctly.
- Fixed an issue deploying software to Windows machines where the OS was installed in a non-standard location.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain circumstances, it was not possible to remove a machine from Estate Management.
- Fixed an issue where timelines were displaying incorrect datetime values.
- Fixed an issue where CDS would not always start on Ubuntu systems.
- Fixed an issue where RHEL6 and Ubuntu14 systems would be created on vSphere with an incorrect OS template.
- Fixed an issue where a failed replication would sometimes cause all further replications to fail unless the job was restarted.
- Fixed an issue where some Linux systems would get incorrect IP addresses when recovered/replicated to a cloud environment.
- Fixed an issue where the boot management mini-ISO would sometimes boot with no networking on physical systems.
- Fixed an issue in boot management where mini-ISOs would not work on UEFI systems.