Our latest release includes volumes of new functionality which brings with it a wealth of benefits. Some of the key highlights include:
- User privileges: You can now configure user (or group) permissions from within the “User Management” section. Users without the required privileges will not be able to access areas via the GUI or via the REST API.
- You can now modify backup server settings. Previously you were required to remove and rediscover backup servers if credentials or ports changed. You can now modify these from options.
- Ubuntu support: You can now deploy, backup & recover Ubuntu systems using any of the BMR products (Note CloneManager/replicate feature is not yet supported).
- Performance enhancements to the Replicate, Recover & Simulate sections of the GUI.
- You can now mount multiple backups for single file restore (Protect for VMs/P4VM).
- Single file restore performance has been improved (Protect for VMs/P4VM).
- Single file restore now supports machines with complex disks layouts (Protect for VMs/P4VM).
- It is now possible to apply a license to a system with an expired license. Previously you would need to remove the expired license first.
- “Advanced transport configuration” is now available from the advanced replication display. Note: You should only change these values when told to do so by Cristie.
- You can now export the event log for audit purposes.
- Events are now tied to users for easier audit purposed.
- You can now run a recovery/replication with verbose logging enabled.
- Minor GUI fixes for smaller displays.
- Simulation health reporting is now more reliable.
- Logfiles are now listed in date order.
- Some users reported an error when attempting to create monthly schedules. This is now fixed.
- Importing a simulation from a backup job would sometimes not obtain the latest backup information. This is now fixed.
- Licensing/deployment would sometimes fail with “Can’t create UNIX socket (24)” error, this has been fixed.
- Replications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure would always run clones and not syncs. This has been fixed.
- It was possible to specify a negative port number. This is now not the case.
- Some users reported errors when adding an AIX 6.1 system to a backup job. This is now fixed.
- Linux CloneManager/replication targets are now created with a minimum of 4GB of RAM.
- CloneManager deployments to Windows Server 2016 systems would sometimes fail with “400” error. This has been fixed.
- The BMR Proxy would sometimes not shut down when it was idle. This has been fixed.
- The login page animation position was wrong. This is now fixed.